Here is a snapshot (partial) of Lisa’s media coverage and speaking invitations:
- Lisa hired to conduct keynotes, seminars and workshops by various division of Johnson & Johnson in the U.S. and Canada throughout 2014.
- Monster.com books Lisa (for the SIXTH time!) to conduct a 2-part webinar series on Personal Branding, targeted at corporate employees, in January & March 2014! Lisa’s averages 500-1,000 attendees for all of her Monster.com webinars!
- SUNY’s School of Optometry hires Lisa to be a featured speaker at their 2014 Faculty Retreat…and asks Lisa to speak on both days of the event!
- After speaking at their 2013 event, the Silicon Valley Diversity Council invites Lisa to be their keynote again at TWO local & statewide events in 2014!
- Lisa was featured in a September 2013 issue of the Wall Street Journal! Article: “Older Workers Should Think Young” by Dennis Nishi.
- Lisa hired by MRM Worldwide (a global Ad Agency) to conduct SIX presentations for various employee groups in October 2013!
- See a quick clip of Lisa speaking at Paul Mitchell Schools’ Annual Event for School Owners & Managers! Over 400 people attended her session at The Beverly Hilton where she discussed how to best motivate and empower their Millennial students and employees to adopt a leadership mindset, and Personal Brand, early-on for career success. In this clip, Lisa shares a funny story about the parents of Millennials interfering at their (adult) child’s workplace! Lisa has been a featured Keynote Speaker for three of Paul Mitchell’s Annual Events!
- eBay has hired Lisa to conduct her “Your Personal Brand Is In Your Hands” Workshop 18+ times from 2011-2013 & added it to their Employee Course Catalog so employees get credit for attending!
- Lisa was quoted in the New York Times Business Section for an article about email etiquette and differences in communication styles among generations: http://nyti.ms/IxCpgL
- Lisa was interviewed by the Wall Street Journal for a feature article about bridging the generation gap at work! Read it here!
- Lisa interviewed by Cosmo for a feature article about common mistakes Gen Y’s make in job interviews and in the workplace. The article appeared in their February 2011 issue!
- CareerBuilder.com asked Lisa to write a 3-part article series on how companies can groom Millennials for leadership roles. Access all 3 articles here!
- Lisa asked to write (2) articles for WomenEntrepreneur.com about retaining Millennial talent, and how to overcome barriers for leadership & career success.
- PersonalBrandingBlog.com, founded by Dan Schawbel, conducts in-depth interview with Lisa about Millennials in the workforce and her new book, “Millennials Into Leadership“.
- Lisa interviewed a third time by The New York Times for article: “Bridging the Workplace Generation Gap: It Starts With A Text”
- Lisa quoted in Wall Street Journal article about Gen Y salary and job negotiation tips!
- Lisa conducts her “Get A Grip On Leadership” seminar for students at Black Hills State University and School of the Mines & Technology and gets rave reviews!
- Major business blog writes stellar review of Lisa’s book!
- Hewitt Associates hired Lisa as a Thought Leader for an all day event on “The Future of the Workforce” for Hewitt Execs.
- Lisa hired by Pepsi to conduct 2 “Get A Grip on Leadership” seminars for their Millennial employees.
- Johnson & Johnson has hired Lisa 6+ times to conduct a variety of her presentations in 2011 to 2013!
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield hired Lisa to conduct (2) of her Millennial Seminars for their HR team and Boomer and Gen X managers.
- Paul Mitchell Systems hired Lisa to conduct (2) seminars for their senior executives, and then asked her to be a featured speaker at their annual conference.
- Lisa moderated panel discussion on “Working With Millennials” for a FountainBlue.biz event, hosted by Cisco. The event was attended by over 175 business professionals (live & through webcast). The panelists were executives from: Cisco, AT & T, Google and Sun.
- CollegeRecruiter.com has launched its “Ask The Expert” career blog for Generation Y (aka Millennials) job seekers, recent grads, and those already employed. And Lisa has been selected as a panel expert for their popular blog.
- Lisa was a featured expert in an NPR “Weekend Edition Saturday” news story about how older employees need to embrace technology!
- Pepsi selects Lisa as spokesperson for their 2009 “Pepsi Optimism Program” (POP) campaign. They release survey on the optimistic spirit of the Millennial Generation to launch this major marketing initiative!
- Lisa interviewed on popular podcast! Interview topic: “Understanding the Millennial Mindset for Improving Productivity and Retention”. Click here to listen!
- Lisa featured on MSNBC‘s popular business program, “Your Business”, discussing unique recruiting strategies! Click here to see video!
- Lisa was a featured speaker at the Annual PBWC Conference in SF: theme this year was Across the Generations. Keynotes included Madeleine Albright and Cokie Roberts. They had over 6,000 attendees and over 800 people attended Lisa’s break out session. Due to her high speaker review ratings, and popularity of her topic, Lisa has already been booked for their conference this fall at the Sacramento Convention Center.
- Lisa was a featured speaker at the NCHRA Conference in SF. The event’s theme was Meet the Millennials.
- Black Enterprise Magazine featured Lisa’s commentary in a feature article about unique strategies for attracting Millennial talent.
- Lisa was a featured speaker at Cisco’s Inclusion & Diversity Global Meeting. She presented her Global Millennials Seminar to an audience of senior execs visiting from Cisco locations around the world.
- For Brocade Communications, a large company in Silicon Valley, Lisa has conducted all of her seminars, including her Millennial Business Bootcamp for their Millennial new-hires.
- Lisa was a featured panelist at the Women in Leadership Summit in San Francisco talking about “New Emerging Systems” in the workforce. As a Millennial expert, she discussed the Millennial influence in organizational changes to an audience of women leaders from Fortune 1000 companies.
- Lisa was featured in the leading HR magazine, Human Resource Executive, about how companies are using Social Media initiatives to recruit and retain Millennials in the professional workforce.
- Lisa was invited to write a feature article for Recruitment & Retention magazine.
"In her book, ‘Millennials Into Leadership’, Lisa Orrell provides members of that generation their first practical ‘how to’ advice on succeeding when faced with leadership roles at work. Hopefully, many Millennials will read this book, take her advice, and lead our country, and our companies, into their next era of excellence."
– Morley Winograd: Co-author of the Bestselling Book: "Millennial Makeover: MySpace, YouTube and the Future of American Politics"